Grants for Solar Panels, Heat Pumps and Batteries
The Boiler Upgrade Scheme 2022 to 2025
The UK government provides various grant options to encourage UK property owners to install low carbon heating systems such as heat pumps which we offer here at Real Power. This particular scheme will be open to both small non-domestic and domestic properties.
Low carbon heating systems completed or commissioned on or after 1st of April 2022 will be entitled to apply for the scheme. On the 23rd of May 2022 the scheme will be open for grant applications and payments.
Checking your eligibility
- You must reside in England or Wales.
- You must be the owner of the property.
- Your home must have an installation capacity of up to 45kWth- this is the case for most UK homes.
- You must have a valid EPC (Energy performance certificate). Which our team here at Real Power can help you out with.
- You may still apply even if you are receiving other funding for energy efficiency (windows and doors).
- You will not be entitled to the funding for the replacement of current low carbon heating systems.
Grant funding for Solar Panels
Solar panel grants are available under the UK government’s ECO3 scheme. The intention of the grant scheme is to reduce carbon emissions and tackle fuel poverty. This scheme has been in place since 2012 and has £640 million per year of funding allocated to it. The scheme allows you to offset the complete cost of solar panel purchase and installation. The scheme was upgraded in 2022 to remove the household income cap for the funding. The type and size of your home will ultimately determine the grant options available to you. Apply today.
Following the downfall of the previous Green Home Grant Scheme the UK government is set to remove VAT from all home energy efficiency improvements. This will include the installation of solar panels and battery storage. Households will save up to £1,000 in VAT charges when this takes effect.